Microwave Chocolate Peanut Butter Mousse
This Chocolate Peanut Butter Mousse recipe is the winning combo of chocolate and peanut butter. Plus, if you eat it with chocolate-covered rice cakes you can boost flavor and add crunch. Ready for a drool-worthy dessert that’s ready in minutes?
What is Mousse?
According to Wikipedia.com Mousse is “a soft prepared food that incorporates air bubbles to give it a light and airy texture”. While it comes in many flavors and textures, most people know it as a soft almost pudding-like yet decadent chocolate dessert.
While Mousse is often made with animal products like cow’s milk and eggs. This recipe can easily be made vegan if you used vegan chocolate chips and plant-based milk.
What You’ll Need to Make Microwave Chocolate Peanut Butter Mousse
This Chocolate Peanut Butter Mousse is so simple to make. All you’ll need is chocolate and peanut butter. Your milk of choice and chocolate-covered rice cakes are optional depending on what you’re going for with the mousse.
The chocolate and peanut butter will be used to melt together to form this decadent dessert. If you prefer a less thick mousse, you can add your milk of choice to soften it up. You can also substitute the chocolate chips for white chocolate chips. And you can use your nut butter of choice should you not like or tolerate peanut butter.
Then to top it all off, you can add Drizzilicious chocolate-covered rice cakes on top to give a delicious boost of flavor and crunch. Or you can dip the rice cakes into the mousse for a fun interactive dessert (perfect for people who love finger foods).
How to Make the Microwave Mousse
In order to make this microwave chocolate peanut butter mousse, you’ll melt equal parts chocolate with equal parts peanut butter for 30-second increments in a microwave-safe container. Being sure to stir every 30 seconds and make sure the chocolate doesn’t get burnt but becomes melty and fully combined with the peanut butter.
Once it’s melted together and fully combined, you can add in your milk of choice to make it less thick if you so desire. Then you can enjoy it warm or you can let it set and thicken in the fridge for at least an hour. Top with your favorite chocolate drizzled rice cakes and enjoy!
The Full Microwave Chocolate Peanut Butter Mousse Recipe
- ¼ cup chocolate chips of choice
- ¼ cup nut butter of choice (we used peanut butter)
- Optional: 1-3 tbsp milk of choice
- Optional: chocolate drizzled rice cakes (like Drizzilicious)
- First, melt equal parts chocolate with equal parts peanut butter for 30-second increments in a microwave safe container ⠀
- Mix until well combined and add in a little milk if you want it to be less thick
- Pour into containers that you want to serve this into (makes 2 servings)
- Then, let the chocolate peanut butter mixture sit and thicken for AT LEAST an hour in the fridge.
- Top with Cinnamon Drizzilicious snacks and enjoy!